Hmm...I'm having 2 presentation tomorrow. Modern Chinese Literature and Philosophy. For the Modern Chinese Literature, I'm presenting Leo Ou-Fan Li's "Repaint Shanghai", for another subject is The metaphysics of Wei and Jin Dynasties. Frankly speaking, I have prepared and ready for them. I'm calm, and I'm really sure the presentation for me is just easy as ABC. My partner, Mint, looks quite bad. She is going nuts reading those thick, hard-to-understand yet dry script. It is just ok for me because I found that the script is not hard to understand and some more, I am interested in it.
She said, "I don't understand Leo, is he making himself clear??? Why suddenly Leo quoting Benjamin's quote and then talking about Shanghai with no reason..."
I understand what is going on now... She is the person who does not making herself clear about the text. Actually, catching the keywords from the text is the most important step that she has to be done before critics the text(we are doing Literature criticism). I think this is the way to train her to be ready for critical thinking PROPERLY. I said this because she, sometimes, in a sense that thinking in a certain way which is not so good.
She is good in guessing, but sometims when she talked on something which is already wrong, not true, or perhaps I can say she is talking nonsense. Sometimes she can talk on a certain topic without showing the proof, showing a firm stand to others and I don't think this is good in the tutorial discussions... For those who is clear about what is going on..... he or she knows she is crapping; for those who are still blur or not sure......they may ask themself.....am I right or am I wrong; but for those who is "sleeping" in the classroom......they think she is great.
I think this is the best way showing her effort of how to prepare for a effective discussion.
Back to Philosophy, this is a great subject. I enjoy Mr Yam lecture and I think he is a funny lecture. Wearing a purple long sleve shirt, a pair of fit slacks, a pair of shiny buffed oxford, and a well-groomed hair... a truly metrosexual guy...
Mr. Yam is also from Penang, now he is stying in Damansara... He is good, I hope I can learn something from him in these university life.
No comments:
Post a Comment